Leading advanced engineering consultancy with strong links to the automotive sector particularly in the advancement of technology related to EV / Hybrid vehicles is seeking a Chief Engineer within Electric Machine technology.
A senior level opportunity exists for a Chief Engineer – Electric Machines to strengthen technical thought leadership, develop in-demand product focused value propositions and provide technical leadership in both developing and delivering new projects with our clients around the world. This will span all market sectors served by my client including passenger car and commercial vehicle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Using in-depth industry knowledge, provide thought leadership on electric machine technology, as applied to hybrid and electric propulsion systems for passenger cars, and commercial/off-highway vehicles.
- Generate new value propositions related to electric machines by supporting development roadmaps and driving research activities to develop new product, process and system solutions.
- Support the business development teams to understand our client needs and develop new opportunities through generation of technical sales material and client engagements.
- Lead the preparation of compelling proposals including project technical scoping and delivery approach architecture, liaising with customers and internal engineering and project management teams.
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Provide excellent technical leadership in multi-disciplinary projects taking responsibility for high quality delivery on-time and on-budget.
- Provide input to (or lead) delivery of project activities relating to all aspects of electric machine design, development, application and validation.
- Ability to provide leadership in the application layer software for motor control is also desirable.
- Developing and maintaining internal and client network and relationships to enable growth of the business in electrification.
- Support development of engineers by mentoring and identifying requirements for skills development where required.