29 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Due to securing a number of new projects, our Automotive & Motorsport client are currently seeking a Chassis Team Leader to join their expanding team. The successful applicant will serve as the top level subject matter expert for Suspension, Brakes, Wheel & Tyre and Steering systems.
You will work closely with the Project Lead Engineer to determine appropriate documentation & sign-off requirements for new projects.
This is a great chance to join a business who work on some hugely varied and exciting projects.
• Carry out specialised analysis to provide technical guidance for projects or to the organisation
• Create and maintain engineering documentation including Requirements database, Design Guidelines, Tech Specs, Design Specs, Virtual and Physical Test Procedures, Reporting Templates, Simulation Tools, Calculation Templates, Attribute Requirements, Specifications and Procedures, Standard Parts, CAD standards, start parts, etc.
• Ensure engineering documentation is appropriate for the project to ensure the correct balance of safety, quality, cost and timing
• Maintain & updates records of chassis system metrics and lessons learnt from previous projects
• Specify appropriate hardware and software solutions to assist in developing in house capability
• Lead the continuous improvement of business processes within Chassis Engineering and align with other departments
• Manage a team of technical specialists, determining required training, development and mentorship of less experienced engineers