29 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Automotive & Motorsport client are actively seeking a Chassis Team Leader to join their team on a permanent basis.
It’s a great time to join this company with many exciting projects spanning continuation vehicles, race and automotive projects.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for Suspension, Brakes, Wheel & Tyre and Steering systems
• Lead teams in the design & development of Chassis systems for low volume production applications
• Deliver appropriate documentation & sign-off to ensure the correct balance of safety, quality, cost and timing in support of project gateways
• Carry out specialised analysis to provide technical guidance for projects or to the organisation
• Create and maintain engineering documentation including Design & Attribute Requirements, Design Guidelines, Technical & Design Specifications, Virtual & Physical Test Procedures, Report Templates, Simulation Tools, Calculation Templates, Standards, Procedures, etc.
• Check and approve engineering documentation in support of gateways
• Liaise with adjacent departments to ensure high levels of design integration
• BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Over 10 years of Chassis systems experience in an automotive or motorsport role either with an OEM, Tier 1 or consultancy.
• Extensive knowledge of design & attribute requirements for chassis systems and ability to tailor requirements to suit the project and product application
• Experience with kinematic development, MBD, vehicle dynamics, subjective evaluation, data acquisition, suspension tuning and target setting,
• Good understanding of automotive and motorsport homologation to ensure Chassis systems are developed to conform with regulatory requirements
• Proficient with 3D modelling and technical drawings (Siemens NX preferred)
• Good materials and manufacturing process knowledge
• Experience in leading a high performing team