A fantastic opportunity has become available with our F1 client. I am seeking an experienced CFD Engineer to work within the Mechanical Engineering Group of Energy Recovery System (ERS) Development.
The CFD Engineer will be involved in supporting Energy Storage (ES) design and Power Electronics (PE) design, from initial idea with cooling circuits and thermal analysis for mechanical systems, including issues solving, failure analysis and quality improvement. The successful candidate will be part of the Mechanical Design Team and will work in close co-operation with Mechanical Design. The CFD Engineer will ensure that cooling circuits are modelled and developed accordingly and tested under specified test condition. They will be responsible for ensuring that the ESS passes all essential standards and regulations.
• Creating cooling circuit models and verifying they are representative of the cooling behaviour of the ESS pack
• Determining thermal behaviour and extract analyse result especially near critical junctions.
• Monitoring other engineering design activities and providing technical solution based on analysis results and use these to develop an optimal design.
• The optimisation of CFD workflow with a view to meeting efficiency and throughput targets
• Contributing to the improvement of the numerical techniques employed to ensure the validity of the simulations and benchmarking new software
• Problem solving & failure analysis
• Liaising with other technical groups, including electronics and internal / external suppliers.
• Reporting of results in a clear, concise and structured manner.
• Keep up to date with the latest battery technology and future developments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Good knowledge of batteries and battery management systems.
• Good knowledge of High Voltage AC & DC systems, including safety considerations for design & operation.
• Knowledge of material properties and typical factors of safety to apply for various conditions.
• Previous experience of working within motorsport (ideally Formula 1) or another cutting edge industry and knowledge of industry best practices.
• Ability to engineer solutions considering material selection, manufacturability, other process requirements, geometrical tolerance and control over critical features, etc.
• Ability to analyse data for optimum performance and reliability (preferably ATLAS)
• Ability to use CFD (Preferably StarCCM+, Fluent, FloEFD) and CAD software (Preferably Catia V5) to scheme and design ESS parts define their specification is beneficial.
• Good knowledge of ESS parts and previous ESS experience beneficial.
• Excellent document presentational skills.
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally.
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable.