Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists. We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will participate in the 3D design and development of high voltage and thermal systems within the vehicle. You will work within the electrical design team to support the activities required to develop these systems and ensure a robust on-time release and delivery to the production process supporting all vehicle builds and production launch.
You will primarily interface with the engineering teams, which include electrical, powertrain, chassis and vehicle integration to identify and resolve issues within the design.
Activities will be overseen by the Lead Packaging Engineer. It is expected that the successful candidate will be proactive in taking ownership of issues and seeing these through to a successful conclusion. The candidate shall be responsible for managing their own time to deliver prescribed tasks efficiently.
• Design and develop the 3D package for high voltage charging and powertrain system including energy storage devices, inverters, charging inlets and HV cabling.
• Design and develop the 3D package for the powertrain thermal management system including pumps, sensors, modules and pipes.
• Design and develop 3D models and 2D drawings of required hardware to support the high voltage charging, high voltage powertrain and thermal management.
• Develop and maintain a functional Bill of Materials including integrity of all associated attribute data to release parts to supplier for production
• Support all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements, regulatory standards, attribute definition, FMEA, and DVP
• Support the design and development of the entire electrical and electrical distribution system, as required by the responsible system engineers.
• Support the delivery of the vehicle functionality and meet the requirements for assembly and manufacturing
• Support on-time releasing and data integrity of all relevant designs
• Support the engineering plan for delivery to meet product and project targets for performance, robustness, cost, weight and timing and ensure design is optimised for mass and cost.
• Support the vehicle development programme to ensure that the EDS system enables the vehicle to meet its attribute targets and functionality
• Ensure that requirements for updates, improvements, cost reductions or modifications are met during the production life of the vehicles
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years+ design and packaging experience within the electrical domain with hands-on experience of harness routing and associated tools
• 2 years+ experience in design of thermal systems
• Experience of Catia V6 or V5 and specifically the Electrical Workbench
• Experience with GD&T for dimensional tolerancing
• University degree in a relevant engineering topic, or extensive relevant experience
• Good understanding of vehicle packaging concepts and demonstrable experience developing complex EDS architectures
• Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Ability to communicate in detail specific issues with the use of Microsoft Office or Google suite applications
• Strong interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player