Design Engineer - Interior
|Job Title:||Design Engineer - Interior|
|Contact Name:||Paris Williams|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2018 11:08|
New Automotive OEM located in the South West is recruiting a number of CAD Design Engineers with broad knowledge and skills across Interior components. This is available on a permanent or contract basis.
This is a heavy CAD focused position and therefore must hold strong CAD experience. Equally you will demonstrate broad experience with interior & (OR) plastic parts from concept through to production stage.
Experience using NX Unigraphics is preferred, but no essential depending on your level of Interior experience.
- Develop fully detailed CAD models.
- Perform engineering design work relating to configuring, deploying, maintain and updating CAD models.
- Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, quality and timing.
- Generate, update and maintaining accurate CAD models, commodity package and section book.
- Generate accurate 2d CAD drawing as required.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and standards
- Interact with various departments and stake holders to obtain design information and implement in CAD as appropriate.
- Experienced proven knowledge of interior engineering design principles.
- Experience of Interior trim manufacturing methods and assembly processes.
- Experience of generating interior concept and converting into robust detailed engineering CAD models.
- Integrating engineering feasibility into CAD design.
- Knowledge of interiors material properties and behaviours.
- Knowledge and experience of dimensional control and tolerancing components at part level, thru sub assembly levels and final assembly level.
- Able to demonstrate independent creative flair to solve complex interface design challenges.
- Ability to implement innovative design thinking into robust product designs.
- Able to work as a team and be self-motivated to resolve issues independently.
- Own CAD issue resolutions.
- Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
- Willing to train in NX as required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's