Automotive OEM located in the South West is recruiting a number of X2 CAD Design Engineers with broad knowledge and skills across Seating components.
Experience using NX Unigraphics is preferred, but no essential depending on your level of Interior experience.
This role sits in the Interiors team of the Automotive function and plays a pivotal role in delivering the our clients vision
• Develop fully detailed CAD models.
• Perform engineering design work relating to configuring, deploying, maintain and updating CAD models.
• Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, quality and timing.
• Generate, update and maintaining accurate CAD models, commodity package and section book.
• Generate accurate 2d CAD drawing as required.
• Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and standards
• Interact with various departments and stake holders to obtain design information and implement in CAD as appropriate.
• Experienced proven knowledge of interior engineering design principles.
• Experience of Interior trim manufacturing methods and assembly processes.
• Experience of generating interior concept and converting into robust detailed engineering CAD models.
• Integrating engineering feasibility into CAD design.
• Knowledge of interiors material properties and behaviours.
• Knowledge and experience of dimensional control and tolerancing components at part level, through sub assembly levels and final assembly level.
• Able to demonstrate independent creative flair to solve complex interface design challenges.
• Ability to implement innovative design thinking into robust product designs.
• Ability to meet project timescales.
• Able to work as a team and be self-motivated to resolve issues independently.
• Own CAD issue resolutions.
• Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.