Volta Trucks is a start-up full-electric commercial vehicle manufacturer and services company. Volta Trucks has offices in Sweden, France and the UK. The first prototype Volta Zero was launched in September 2020, with the first pre-production vehicles due to start evaluation with customers in 2021 ahead of the start of series production in 2022.
Working to the CEO, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (German speaking) to join our rapidly growing team. As a relatively new brand, this is an opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and establishes the company from the outset.
Due to significant demand and a recognition that change needs to be accelerated, we are looking for a BDM to join our team, supporting across the UK with strong B2B experience, ideally in vehicle sales. delivering customer partnership and opportunities in a transparent, progressive, and entrepreneurial manner to reflect the brand personality.
This is a full-time role, with some travel in the UK and internationally. It is a mix of remote working and being office-based in the M3 / M4 corridor west of London. This role is perfect for someone proactive, independent, and results-driven and who has a great approach to teamwork and collaboration.
This role requires applicants to be fluent in German.
• Creating, establishing and developing new corporate relationships
• Collaborating with existing partnerships
• Educating prospects about electrification’s commercial and environmental benefits to facilitate the commercial adoption
• Strong knowledge and understanding the operational approaches of B2B customers within the market segment
• Conduct, review and develop our market research in order to measure market value and optimisation of programmes
• Creating, implementing and delivering a unique customer experience
• Feeding back customer requirements and nuances to our technical teams in order for us to optimise the product requirements
• Support our customers through our journey to delivery of vehicles in 2021
• Create, implement and roll out documentation of process and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, or significant (5yrs +) experience as a BDM in a similar B2B environment
• Automotive experience not essential – the candidate could also come from a technology, commercial sustainability or corporate / business background
• Experience working with and managing partners.
• Confident in using all Google suite products, including Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Knowledge of compliance regulations such as GDPR etc.
• Experience of networking with colleagues, senior management, partners, and external influencers
• Experience of working in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines would be a distinct advantage
• Strong communication, editing and written skills in the English language. A second language would be desirable