At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 50 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
We are looking for a professional Business Development Manager who is a proactive self-starter & has the ability to juggle many priorities. Ideally, we are also looking for someone that has the ability to develop the global Offshore Renewable Energy business through sustainable profitable growth in sales of instruments and systems, including offshore wind (fixed and floating), wave, tidal, current and green hydrogen production projects.
Typical customers will be Energy companies including but not limited to EPCI contractors and survey companies, vehicle manufacturers and technology providers.
You’ll be travelling quite a bit, visiting regional sales office, agents and resellers as well as attending international conferences & exhibitions.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent industry experience
• Comprehensive understanding of subsea technology.
• Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and identification of new business opportunities.
• Experience in defining and delivering a strategic business plan.
• Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve revenue targets and objectives.
• Proven experience of building networks and effective business relationships within and external to the organisation.
• Self-starter and proactive with a strong work drive.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to report at all levels within the business and externally as required.
• Well established international network of ORE contacts.
• Track record of delivering significant sales growth.
• Car Allowance
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Life assurance
• Onsite free parking
• Discretionary company performance related pay scheme (annual)
• Working hours are 08:30-17:00, Flexitime & one hour for lunch