Our client is an advanced materials technology business specialising in the design, development and manufacture of metal matrix composite components for aerospace, high-end niche automotive, defence, industrial process and high-end consumer applications. Due to the Company’s rapidly expanding customer base they are seeking a Business Development Executive to help secure and service new commercial sales contracts and funded projects.
Reporting to the Market Development Manger the successful candidate will focus on:
- Development of customer relationships
- Sourcing and winning sales contracts
- Management of quotes and proposals, purchase orders, and support of marketing activities.
The job function will generally be based at the Company’s offices in Basingstoke, but the successful applicant will be expected to visit clients’ premises as required, either in the UK or overseas.
The position would suit an individual with commercial and sales experience who is keen to work for an innovative, dynamic and fast-growing company. The role requires some knowledge and understanding of materials technology and applications engineering, so an engineering background would be beneficial.
You will be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual, with the drive and ability to find solutions to customer problems. You must be a good communicator, willing to travel, and available to start as soon as possible.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- At least three years’ commercial experience in a customer facing sales role in one or more of the automotive, aerospace, high-end consumer, defence, energy, or industrial sectors.
- University degree or Higher National Diploma ideally in an engineering discipline.
- Familiar with writing proposals, project plans and working to gateway management disciplines.
- Knowledge of composite materials and casting processes an advantage.