Our midlands based high performance electric vehcile client is currently recruiting for a Body Structures Design Engineer.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Design Engineer – Body Structures
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Body Structures the Design Engineer will be responsible for component and system design of body structure systems vehicle programs.
• Project management of body structure systems to meet required project milestones.
• Complete component design of extrusions, castings, pressings etc along with assembly design in a CATIA V5 environment.
• Deliver system designs to meet the requirements of technical specifications in accordance with design guidelines and standards and direction.
• Plan design activities in order to fulfil the requirements of the company’s engineering timing release system, considering timing dependencies with other systems where necessary.
• Represent the Body Structure Department in design and release reviews.
• Develop concepts and mature final system designs to weight, cost and serviceability targets with confirmation through analysis.
• Collaboration with other function groups to reach design solutions
• Manage and release data through the TCe system
• Demonstrable experience in a CATIA V5 environment.
• Experience of Body Structures and/or HV systems.
• Experience working in/for medium volume vehicle projects would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical Body systems information across function groups is essential to the role.
• Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
• Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.