Connected Car Project Manager
£26p/h + Overtime £39p/h
We are seeking a Connected Car Project Management Engineer to be based at the businesses Technical Centre focused on European R&D, to secure a successful launch of vehicle projects into the European & AIME market.
As part of the Vehicle Validation team you will be responsible for maintaining multiple project launches & ensuring the progress of the validation team is on track for both on & off board developments of Navigation & connected car.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Project manager responsible for co-ordinating cross carline project management for both on board & off board connected car & navigation teams.
- Collaboration with Connected Car design & test team to define & maintain project development Scope, schedule and testing plans
- Manage & maintain cross carline development planner and ensure project engineers maintain development schedules & quality targets through all gateways
- Resource management for effective deployment and allocation of resources when and where they are needed (Vehicles / Test parts / Technicians)
- Effective information management by acquisition of information from one or many sources and distribution to convey the status of the project
- Preparation of consolidation reports for mgmt. to review analyse & approve.
- Assistance to team members related to the organisational tools & methods of program tracking & reporting by acquiring necessary information
Background and Experience
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have relevant project management experience in automotive electrical and electronic development or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously