My Client is a world-leading provider of high quality products, services and packaged solutions to the commercial marine, naval, offshore oil and gas and renewable energy industries.
Due to the company’s growth and expanding customer base a brand new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bid Manager to join the STS department located in Norwich.
The Bid Manager is accountable for the preparation and management of bids obtaining inputs from sales, operational, marine assurance teams as required in respect of any non-standard Request for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations to Tender (ITT) or other proposal work as may be required for the global Ship-to-Ship (STS) division.
The role requires strong financial, commercial, communication and negotiating skills along with an entrepreneurial and creative mind-set, to have the financial ability to be able to cost and price bids.
The role will therefore require a good working knowledge of Excel to produce detailed financial information including, costings, profit margins, sensitivity modelling, tax scenarios and cash flow projections.
- Responsible for taking the financial and commercial lead on any new opportunities and ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer and understanding of the margins of the bid.
- Responsible for bid submission, post bid follow up and ensuring any lessons learnt are communicated into the business and adopted for future bids.
- Responsible to ensure any necessary prequalification, coordinating internal bid / no bid meeting, gather all required contribution from internal stakeholders and prepare proposal draft for management approval
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with government and client contracting regulations and internal processes.
- Responsible for hand over from contract award to delivery teams.
- Support Business Development Team with any necessary external stakeholder management.
- Creativity will be required to come up with innovative commercial solutions with partners, suppliers, or internally to maximise the use of the Company’s market-leading international profile to help secure work.
- Partner / supply chain negotiation will also be important as part of this role to ensure that service/quality levels and cost base from the supply chain are at optimum levels.
This is a role that requires the candidate to be a self-starter and possess excellent communication skills and personal effectiveness to get desired results, as well as have the ability to work under pressure, to challenging deadlines in a high pace environment.
- Good organisational skills, project management capability, and stakeholder management is fundamental to ensure bid timelines are observed and key stakeholders are engaged to both prepare a quality compliant bid and gain its sign-off and approval.
- Bid tracking and reporting will be essential to help prioritise workload and provide information to management on status of bids and probabilities of success.
Experience in a marine environment with vessel chartering and/or bunkering will be advantageous but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a strong financial background who enjoys using their skills to influence and secure deals at the front end of the business in a way that enhances overall business margin while minimising risk.