Global tech innovator is offering an exciting opportunity to work on the research of ‘Next Generation EV technology & applications’. We are seeking a proven Battery Management Systems Research Manager for the Tech Research division.
This is a newly formed automotive powertrain research team within its Technical Research. With the development of first generation battery electric vehicles now well progressed, the Technical Research Group is now focused on the research of next generation powertrain. The mind-set being to engineer industry leading technology.
Applicants for this particular role must have significant experience in the field of Electric Vehicle Battery Management.
The BMS Research Manager role will involve:
• Coordinating BMS research and development activity with associated research managers and existing BEV development team
• Responsible for the delivery of next generation BMS systems
• Coordinate and be responsible for the delivery of state of the art SoX algorithms for emerging cell technologies that maximise the performance of the battery pack under all operating conditions
• Build the BMS research team
• Lead a team of software, hardware and systems engineers to carry out the day to day tasks required to engineer a world class BMS product meeting performance, quality, resource and time constraints
• Work closely with the other software, hardware and systems process team leads to ensure alignment of deliverables (performance, reliability, cost, time), process and people
• Manage and nurture a high performance culture
• Comply with all relevant International Standards
• Identify potential research areas which would benefit the future automotive products
• Demonstrate solutions with sub-system and system level testing
• As a senior member of the team, use your experience to mentor the junior team members, continuously seek improvements in processes and technologies and challenge how things can be done differently and better to help in the constant improvement of the team’s research capability & productivity.
• Communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status to a broad spectrum of associated project stakeholders and senior management
• Present concepts directly to the Senior Management team when required
Education and experience:
• MEng degree in Electronic Engineering or higher (e.g. PhD) with a demonstrable level of automotive experience associated with EV battery management systems
• Expert knowledge of the industry (e.g. part suppliers, external test houses)
• Delivery of an automotive BMS to ISO26262 ASIL C or higher
• Excellent technical awareness across the complete range of BMS requirements
• The ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts, influencing cross-functionally at all levels
• Experience of line management and people development is essential
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with part suppliers, external test houses etc.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude
• Ideally a proven innovator with a BMS related IP portfolio