15 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Honda F1 are seeking an experienced Battery Material Engineer to work for the Material & Battery Engineering Group of Energy Recovery System (ERS) Development. This Battery Material Engineer role will be involved in supporting Energy Storage System (ESS) design, from initial idea with chemical, electrical and mechanical through the end of life of the battery in race and cooling system, including issues solving and failure analysis. In addition, you will ensure that the conceptual cell specification from the chemical and electrical point of view are defined and developed accordingly and tested under the specified test condition.
This battery material engineer role is for the whole ESS project, and the successful applicant will take responsibility for delivering some material solutions to meet and exceed performance targets, fault investigation and setting countermeasures from the material engineering point of view. Applicants must have strong knowledge of batteries, battery chemistry, high voltage AC & DC systems & Materials properties.
• Verify the technical specification of battery chemistry and future cell development from material perspective with single cell test.
• Characterise cell performance and battery life.
• Technical development of ES components & systems.
• Driving development of cell and battery modelling including heat transport to inside / outside the battery.
• Make the technical specification of materials, heat treatment and surface treatment for ESS.
• Problem solving & failure analysis form both electrochemistry and material engineering side.
• Liaising with other technical groups, including electronics and internal / external suppliers.
• Reporting of results in a clear, concise and structured manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good knowledge of battery chemistry.
• Good knowledge of batteries and battery management systems.
• Good knowledge of High Voltage AC & DC systems, including safety considerations for design & operation.
• Good knowledge of material properties and typical factors of safety to apply for various conditions.
• Ability to engineer solutions considering material selection, manufacturability, other process requirements, geometrical tolerance and control over critical features, etc.
• Ability to analyse data for optimum performance and reliability. (preferably ATLAS)
• Project management experience with supplier.
• Coordination skill of the development and test schedule with members and supplier.