Working for a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, is set up to meet the growing needs of their automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control.
Combining our new products with their existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable them to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to their customers in the future.
We are now seeking an Automotive Electronics Process and Quality Manager to lead and implement the business and development processes. You will be working with engineering teams based in the UK and Canada to develop existing processes and best practice to the ASPICE model using their ISO9001:2015 quality system as a foundation. We need someone who can both lead these activities from the front, whilst also being happy to get involved in the detail. Most importantly we need someone who will embed themselves within the Engineering teams and who understands that these processes are a means to an end, rather than the end itself.
You will be joining this division at a great time – early enough to make your mark in the formation and creation, whilst also benefiting from the stability and security that our parent company provides.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Produce and deliver on a plan to achieve the objectives.
• Work with engineers to define and implement work processes that meet industry standard requirements, can be well used by development teams and do not become a barrier to innovation or agility in the team.
• Work with the Functional Safety Team to ensure developed processes support ISO26262 compliance.
• Define requirements for tools and processes to ensure that required Base Practices are covered and required Work Products are produced to required standards.
• Support teams to excel within a pilot project.
• Continuously review the processes developed to deliver constant improvement.
• Complete internal audits to ensure compliance with the processes; where gaps exist work with the team to fill these.
• Be the internal quality champion within the division – lead by example, embed yourself within our teams, run training courses and help engineers to fill gaps.
• Represent the division to external and internal customers on all quality matters.
• The ability to grow with the role and to take on additional responsibilities as they develop relationships with contract manufacturers to produce further control products.
Education and Experience:
• Understanding of software and electronics development processes for automotive or other safety critical systems development.
• Understanding of SPICE software quality standards, ideally Automotive SPICE (ASPICE).
• Understanding of ISO26262 Functional Safety aspects which relate to quality and work process requirements.
• Have been involved, ideally in a managerial capacity, in a company that has implemented ASPICE.
• Degree in Electronics or Computer Science
• Experience in process design and implementation
• Preferable experience in ASPICE audits
Flexible & remote working available