I am currently seeking a Scientist for our Engineering & Technology client. They develop liquid repellent Nano coatings with a focus on the consumer electronics industry, working directly with OEMs to make devices water resistant, improving their reliability.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chemist, Physicist or Material Scientist to work in the Technology department focusing on the design and development of functional nano-coatings. We are seeking applicants who have a PhD or MSc in Chemsitry, Materials Science or Surface Science and our client have a particular interest in applicants with experience in coating adhesion, tribology or plasma polymer experience.
• To contribute to the development of functional nano-coatings with controlled properties for production purposes using plasma deposition.
• Work on R&D projects to expand knowledge base and contribute to understanding the physical mechanisms that lead to the desirable coating performance.
• To investigate the literature and help devise effective experimental design and analysis.
• To use initiative and make proposals for advancing the project.
• To be able to assist other team members in evaluating the quality of their measurements and understanding their results.
• To ensure that measurements are conducted correctly, and all the necessary documentation is in place.
• To report to senior members of the team and actively participate in team discussions.
• To monitor, record and report work through lab notebooks on a continuous basis as well as via written reports and verbal communication/ presentations.
• To ensure work progresses according to plan and inform supervisor if problems arise.
• To maintain a clean, safe, and efficient working environment in the laboratory.
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
• PhD, MSc or degree in chemistry, surface science, chemical engineering, or materials science.