Our client is an innovative company who specialise in advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
The Application Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. They are responsible for actively evaluating and matching customer requirements to technical and commercial solutions in line with Company strategy, across all 12 markets.
You will be a degree qualified engineer with knowledge of a broad range of engineering disciplines including electronics; software; mechanical engineering and hydraulics, ideally within the underwater vehicle application or a related sector.
Working in conjunction with the Sales, PMO and Systems Engineering teams as a key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and propose reliable solutions for all customer underwater vehicle tasks to assure complete customer satisfaction. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, working with key internal and external stakeholders to identify and assist in the design of tailored robotic solutions.
• Maintain expert level of knowledge of our technology, products and underwater robotic market applications
• Travel internationally to customer premises, trade shows and conferences, making presentations and speaking on behalf of the business as and when required
• Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
• Convert customer requirements into solutions that can be relayed to the engineering and project teams
• Provide technical proposals and commercial quotations for both new robotic solutions and standard systems and products
• Maintain the technical content of standard system quotations and assist with pricing
• Provide technical input to other members of the sales team
• Sell, promote and communicate Seaeye capabilities/services to current and potential new clients, both business and technical users
• Provide design and specification development support to customers and distributors
• Provide input to the PMO and Engineering teams for the design and development of new products and system solutions to ensure effective planning, costing and design management in line with customer or market requirements