Applications Engineer (Race Unit) - Motorsport
|Job Title:||Applications Engineer (Race Unit) - Motorsport|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2019 12:05|
An opportunity has become available for an Applications Engineer for our Automotive Engineering client.
We are seeking an Applications Engineer who can provide technical support to Motorsport customers. You will be expected to be flexible in outlook and be able to communicate with colleagues, external customers and liaise with production. A team player and good communicator who pays attention to detail. You will be able to work on your own initiative for extended periods and organise your workload to meet demanding deadlines.
Duties will include:
• Understand customer requirements both commercially and technically.
• Design of bearing systems using proprietary software and other calculation techniques.
• Providing advice and recommendations to customers.
• Facilitate New Part Review meetings to introduce new parts to the production team.
• Provide support to production and engineering teams to ensure they are constantly updated on all customer requirements.
• Contribute to an effective communication system within the Race Unit.
• Ensuring customer specifications & pricing data are accurate.
• Capable of producing 2D CAD drawings based on customer specifications.
• Micro-examination of used parts to analyse bearing performance.
• Preparation of technical reports.
• Analyse market and product sales on regular basis.
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will preferably be qualified to degree level qualification in a relevant engineering subject, however, this is not essential and relevant experience will be considered. It would also be advantageous if the candidate has a keen interest in the automotive industry. You will be expected to have a good level of skills with general administrative packages such as Excel, Word, Power Point and SAP, however, training will be provided for the right applicant.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's