Reporting to the Engineering Director, this is a customer-facing role providing technical support and expertise to all customers and colleagues, including trouble shooting using all forms of communication including regular visits to customer sites as necessary.
You be also be supporting the product development team in the development of new products ensuring they are suitable for all relevant applications supplied by the company.
As part of your remit you will be installing & modifying current products providing proactive feedback to the product development team. This may include liaison with suppliers as necessary.
Oversea customer visits will be necessary to support this role.
To apply for this opportunity you’ll need the following:
• NVQ level 3 with a technical emphasis in electrical/electronics or an Industry recognised apprenticeship with a major automotive OEM.
• Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including Maths and English.
• High level of numeracy and literacy.
• Above average computer literacy.
• CAD (2 dimension and also electrical schematics would be ideal)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with automotive electrics and/or electronics.
• Knowledge of OEM working practices and product development life cycles
• Technical and computer application skills.
• Must demonstrate high level of knowledge of DC circuits, plus understanding of analogue and digital electronics.
• MS Office
• At least 3 years practical experience in a business to customer environment.
• Able to demonstrate strong co-ordination skills.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• High level of communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and colleagues.
A flexible approach is necessary and the ability to work beyond the business hours when required is essential.
This opportunity would suit engineers with a background in electrical and electronics who have worked for either a tier 1 or automotive OEM.