- Company Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 27 days holidays rising to 30 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking on site
- Flexitime, 37 hour week over 4.5 days
|Job Title:||Applications Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £45k + Bonus, Flexitime, 4.5 Day week, 27 Days Holiday, Pension, LA|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2018 15:05|
In this varied, technical & demanding role you will be responsible for direct interaction with customers in support of new and existing products and applications.
This role would suit an engineer who has worked around electronics, electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, engines, generators, pumps, control systems and other similar technology. You'll probably be a generalist and know a little about a lot. Meeting the customer early on in the process, you'll identify and scope out the architecture of the new system and understand what the customer is looking for and then produce a design specification. You'll be a general point of contact for the customer and liaise with them about any technical questions or concerns they might have.
This position would suit an Applications Engineer who enjoys working in a varied and technically challenging environment. This might suit someone working as a client facing Systems Integration Engineer, Project Engineer or Technical Sales Engineer. You'll be the first Applications Engineer in the company, taking over from several others who have all been doing parts of this role. There are some tools and processes in place but ideally they are looking for an Engineer who has both the desire and capability to improve upon what they currently have. If you are looking for autonomy and a chance to set up Applications Engineering as you'd like it to be, then this is definitely for you.
You'll probably have to travel a few days at a time up a maximum of a week, maybe a couple of times a month. This could be anywhere in the world.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A true hands-on engineering all-rounder with experience of high-speed machinery, electronic & electrical control systems or power electronics.
• Ideally (but open minded about this) some understanding of diesel engines, generator sets, pumps, motors, instrumentation, sensors, data acquisition technology, motor drives, inverters, high speed rotating equipment.
• Recent degree or equivalent in a scientific or technical subject preferred.
• A proven track record in customer facing roles, and able to represent the company to a very high professional standard.
• Experience and understanding of mixed mechanical, electrical, electronic/software and control systems.
• I.T. Skills - Microsoft Office, ERP/MRP, Networking, Cad, Labview, Adobe
• Multiple Language skills are desirable
• Available to travel overseas
• Holds a current passport and EU/UK driving Licence.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's