Alias Technical Surfacer X2
Permanent or Contract
Gerrell & Hard are recruitng for an exciting opportunity for two Alias Technical Surfacer to join our Creative Design, Development and Engineering client based in Surrey.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist in the 3d alias surface design on a customer project, working as part of the Alias team you will need to efficiently generate (and modify) digital models throughout the design process (from the initialconcept sketch phase thru to the Production Release Class’ A’ Technical surfacing) based on design direction, sketches, scan data and technical specifications, withinthe scope of the project timing assumptions.
Provide accurate Alias surfaces from initial 3d scans from scale clay models through to tangency controlled surfaces.
The candidate is expected to liaise with the Creative Design Team to ensure the surfacing adheres to the engineering package and meet the requirements for timing and performance.
Experience and Qualifications:
It is anticipated that you will be an automotive designer with several years experience in automotive interior styling design, particularly in high end brands.
- Produce 3d surface data to the design process (from the initial concept sketch phase thru to the Production Release Class Technical surfacing) based on design direction
- All 3d data produced must be produced to an expectable standard within the scope of the project timing assumptions
- Effective construction and organisation of alias surface digital models to defined gateway tolerances
- 5+ years professional experience in an automotive design studio
- Efficient storage of and recording of model history using the agreed naming protocols, locations and databases in line with relevant security protocol and policies.
In addition we would expect you to have experience in the following areas:
- Based on the design direction, you could be supplied with sketches, scan data to create the 3d surfaces
- Prepare and carry out virtual presentations of surface model data to support meetings and reviews, as required
- Work to brief/using your own initiative, operating as a part of the Studio/Design team.
In terms of the way you go about your work you should be a self-motivated individual capable of working under your own initiative as well as meeting tight deadlines as part of a team.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.