£26p/h + Overtime paid at £39p/h
Mission & Main Objectives
Develop class leading Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for European markets. Working as a part of the European Chassis Team, this role is to be part of the new team in Europe who are the front line in adaption and research of ADAS systems in Europe. ADAS team are responsible for the delivery of these systems into the European market and plants, and will form the basis of a European design team for the Autonomous Drive Technology in the future. You will be working remotely at the manufacturing facility with the UK based team ensuring the electrical quality of the new model builds. You will be validating the logic and functional operation of ADAS systems on the vehicle against client specifications. This will include the creation of test procedures and formal reporting of results.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide front line technical support to global colleagues to investigate development or manufacturing concerns.
- ADAS system management will include the co-ordination of several related components (sensors) in addition to the primary ADAS controller.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
- Contribute to departmental skill and knowledge regarding ADAS system
- Validating the logic and functional operation of ADAS systems on the vehicles against client specifications.
- Reporting of ADAS concerns into project reviews and senior management
- Root cause investigation of complex electrical concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component test engineer
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns, and smooth adoption of hardware and/or software change.
- Provide technical support to the production plant, including support for line trial activities and setup of radar & camera calibration facilities
- Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- Acting as a window for information flow between manufacturing and design/test for ADAS issues.
- Coordinate component hardware and/or software retrofit, occasionally on a scale that requires managing a team
- Ensuring the rework pedigree of test fleet vehicles before start test programs.
Note:- Role may involve travel to suppliers, other offices and vehicle test facilities.
Background and Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a global cross functional cross cultural environment.
- Have experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment – flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Experience of managing suppliers in a project environment.
- Aptitude to understand new technologies and systems by clear application of engineering principles and knowledge
- Knowledge of CAN communication
- Experience of CAN system analysis (CANalyzer/CANoe/CANape etc)
- Competent with PC applications MS Office etc
- Good problem solving skills with knowledge of Design Review, FTA and FMEA activities.
- Knowledge of application and use of diagnostic tools and diagnostic communication is desirable.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
- Post graduate experience in an engineering environment.
- Understanding of modular software hardware integration (boot loader, application and configuration) desirable
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Hold a full and clean UK driving license (minimum of 3 years is desirable)