Acoustic Systems Engineer - Headphones
|Job Title:||Acoustic Systems Engineer - Headphones|
|Salary:||£competitive salary and package available|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2019 12:29|
There is no better time to join this expanding premier audio company and be part of a team focused on the next generation of Noise Cancelling headphones. Working in a dedicated R&D team you’ll play a pivotal role in creating Headphones that incorporate the very latest in ANC, Beam forming, wind noise reduction technology.
Working from an established platform, a large part of your work will be to tune/verify/validate digital algorithms for high end headphone products, taking this from prototype to engineering builds, to mass production. The production is carried out in China and so it is anticipated that you’ll visit between 4-6 times a year, working closely with the ODM partner and local acoustic engineer to resolve production issues.
When you’re not fine tuning algorithms you’ll be busy building and optimize the GUI simulation using Matlab, or developing new methodologies for noise suppression. With a focus on ANC, the company will look to you to develop novel algorithms that can be used across future products.
On a daily basis you’ll be collaborating with DSP scientists to build up/optimize DSP architectures, collaborating with the electronics team to optimize the audio signal path as well as discussing ideas with the acoustic/mechanical experts to optimize the acoustic-mechanical system.
With China in mind, you’ll be responsible for creating the audio testing spec for production.
To be part of this you’ll need the following:
• Degree or Masters in Electronics, Acoustics or Signal Processing.
• Passionate about Active Noise Control
• Proficiency in digital and/or analog filter design
• Understanding of digital signal processing
• Knowledge of control theory/ANC
• Knowledge of moving-coil transducers and ECM/MEMS microphones
• Proficient of math tools (Matlab), Proficient in programming languages (Python, C, Java)
• Experience from within the audio or similar industry
• Able to operate measuring instruments including Audio Precision, and SoundCheck etc …
This opportunity would suit an Acoustic Engineer who likes working with a variety of cutting edge technologies, likes to collaborate with others and has a desire to create world class algorithms used in premium noise cancelling headphones.
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Share option scheme
• Free Food!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's