We are currently supporting an established Motorsport business to recruit a Track Support Engineer. They design, manufacture and build award-winning race engine solutions that lead the way in the motor sports industry.
This will be a customer facing role and you will be required to travel to international race events.
• Reporting to the Project Manager on a programme, you will be a key contributor to the track-side engine operation
• As a customer facing representative of the company, the successful candidate will be an excellent communicator engaging confidently and knowledgeably.
• A self-starter who is highly motivated, very well organised and demonstrates a positive growth mindset.
• Extensive travel to International and/or European events will be required
Between track events the role will include all aspects of project support onsite at the company’s Essex based facility, such as:
• Data analysis & calibration development
• Lifing of components
• Preparation for future events
• Involvement with in-house engine testing
Key Skills / Experience;
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role at a professional motorsport level (powertrain), ideally F1, WEC, IndyCar, DTM or other relevant experience
• Proficient with engine electronic systems / calibration / sensors / wiring
• Experience with professional engine management software, such as McLaren, Magneti Marelli, Cosworth/Pectel, Life Racing or Motec
• High competence level with PC / typical software - MS Office (particularly Excel), MATLAB, etc.
• Customer facing skills & excellent organisation skills
• Flexibility to travel/work on weekends in line with race calendar requirements
• Degree qualified or equivalent in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline