Our Automotive OEM client are seeking a Thermal Systems Engineer to join their growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the definition, development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured Electric Drive Units.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validation of the EDU cooling system. You will lead the system integration of Electric Machine – Inverter – Gearbox from a Cooling system perspective.
• Delivery of systems within the E-driveline department across a range of vehicles.
• Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
• Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
• Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
• Good relevant experience of working in a Thermal Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
• Good relevant knowledge of emachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system and means to cool/lubricate them.
• Requirements Management (RM)
• Good verbal and written communications
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
• A PhD level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
• Knowledge/experience of working practices relating to CAE methods and processes