£20-25k + Benefits
This opportunity would suit an Electronics Test Technician who is keen to work in an SME environment, yet receive the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets.
With revenues in the £15-20m range and circa 120 employees, we are now looking for a Test Technician who can test all assemblies in accordance with the test specification & complete the relevant documentation in line with the quality system.
1. Tests units from production to ensure they meet specification.
2. Operate and maintain the ATE including cleanliness of the area.
3. Fault finds units that have failed to component level.
4. Maintains records for tracking units tested.
5. Assists Production staff to help repair units which have failed test.
6. Sends units to QA.
7. Arranges for outside testing as required.
8. Progress chases units through Production to meet required delivery dates.
9. Liaises with design of product and test specification changes.
10. Gives technical support to junior team members.
11. Ensures test equipment is within calibration.
12. Carries out any other duties not detailed above as required by the Cell Leader
To apply for this position you’ll need to demonstrate the following:
Aptitude for learning new job skills.
Pro-active approach to resolving own issues.
Relevant electrical qualification or working towards it
General GCSE’s eg. Maths, English, Etc.
Attention to detail
We're looking for someone who can pick up a test specification and use standard equipment to test power supplies. We’re not looking for a really detailed fault finder for this role.
• Hovercraft Ticket and Taxi to site paid or relocation assistance if moving to the IOW
• Company Pension Scheme
• 22-25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days
* Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able to hold and maintain UK Government security clearances
If you are interested then please send me your latest CV for review but if not, and you know someone that might be, then we pay a referral fee on successful introduction – see https://www.gerrellandhard.co.uk/your-career/referral-rewards