I am recruiting a Technical Programme Manager for a growing business who design, engineer, and manufacture the best smart charging products on the market using pioneering technology. With its design, R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations based in Worcestershire, this British company has fast become a leading EV and smart energy technology business. It is creating tomorrow’s sustainable energy ecosystem today through the use of pioneering technology that integrates the car, the home and the grid.
As such, you will be responsible for the initiation, planning, execution and successful completion of engineering programmes, including new hardware product development projects from initiation through to commercial launch and production.
• Ownership of programme delivery of new vehicle charging products into production, including planning, governance, risk management, project controls and reporting activities.
• Ownership of delivery to gated product development process, including managing all aspects of programme delivery, business case, feasibility and programme planning, resources, delivery plans, test plans, change registers, risk registers, etc.
• Managing the programme stakeholders and inputs from teams such as electronics, embedded software, systems, hardware, commercial, production, customer support, installer excellence, etc.
• Develop and maintain an integrated schedule, resource plan, budget/costs, top-level product specification, product cost model and risk analysis.
• Lead the execution of the programme/project including trade-off decisions, risk management, problem solving, conflict resolution and resource availability.
• Ensure programme compliance with internal gated delivery process, quality standards and regulatory requirements.
• Lead programme communication including leading gate reviews, and presenting programme statuses to senior management.
• Lead development of the business case where applicable.
• An APM recognised assessment, as defined by the Association for Project Management, or equivalent project management qualification.
• Experience of leading programmes delivering new products into production, including both hardware and embedded software technology, such as experience gained in delivering automotive or aerospace technology into production.
• Experience of TRL (Technology Readiness Levels) and delivering programmes typically from TRL 5 to TRL 9.
• Experience of product development practices included gated programme management, DFMEA processes, V-model programme structures, design and risk management, and verification planning.
• Experience of managing product programmes into successful production phases.
• Demonstrable project management throughout full project life cycle in a relevant high-tech industry.
• Educated to degree level, with experience of delivery in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Demonstrable experience of managing multiple stakeholders, strong communication skills including experience of leading gate reviews, and presenting programme status to senior management.