Supply Chain Manager
Norwich or Portsmouth location
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the total supply chain process, sourcing materials and services and negotiating LTA’s. They will be responsible for leading the UK supply chain team as part of the Global Supply Chain Team to ensure that functional capability and team performance are built and directed to deliver business plans and targets.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to drive SCM as a central service. The role will ideally be based in Norwich, however we’d also consider Portsmouth based applicants.
This position would suit SCM’S who have experience of working with team members based at different sites & is able to bring them together to work as a team, defining & driving the Supply Chain strategy.
• Develop and implement agreed supply chain strategies
• Maintain control processes and licencing compliance
• Ensure standard operating procedures/ processes for forecasting, planning, material requisitions, stock control, warehousing, and distribution are in place at all locations.
• Effectively manage and support the contract review process from initial review through to placing orders
• Hands on collaboration with internal stakeholders such as engineering, production, sales, and logistics to ensure a seamless supply chain flow.
• Effectively challenge, manage and pro-actively address ‘pinch points/bottle necks’ of the procurement process to ensure on-time delivery.
• Monitor inventory levels and develop inventory management strategies
• Analyse and report supply chain performance metrics and identifying areas for improvement.
• Investigate and source alternative/new materials
• Provide leadership and direction to the supply chain team (multi-site)
• Identify and mitigate supply chain risks
• Promote compliance and the improvement of safe operating policies and practices across all supply chain operations
• Drive and enforce the Approved Vendor List
• Respond as required to new/emerging legal or customer led audit requirements
• Develop a collaborative working relationship with the US Global Procurement team
• Act as the Supply Chain lead in cross functional/customer projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications
• Degree level qualification in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar field is desired.
• Background in and/or experience of aerospace & defence or microelectronics supply chain.
• Background in an AS9100 environment.
• Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• High levels of integrity and excellent people skills.
• Build positive relationships and quickly gain the trust and confidence of key stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills.
• Strategic/analytical mind and creative problem-solver.
• Proven ability to lead and develop a team of supply chain professionals across multiple sites.
• Experience across all supply chain disciplines (forecasting, material planning and scheduling, SOP, inventory management, warehousing, third-party logistics management).
• Worked in a fast paced, growth industry or business.
• Experience of working as part of a project team or on delivering change initiatives.
• Experience with supply chain management/ERP software.
Hours are Monday to Thursday 07.45am – 4.45pm & Friday 07.45am – 12.30pm.
• 25 days holiday
• Health Cashplan
• Life Assurance x4
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Free Car Parking at site