Our Automotive OEM client are currently seeking a Senior Functional Safety Engineer, ADAS to join their growing team. This role is responsible to lead the definition; development and delivery of Functional Safety evidences, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into vehicles for ADAS department
• Delivery of functional safety from systems/features within ADAS across a range of vehicles.
• Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, Functional Safety Requirements and Functional Safety Analysis
• Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Functional Safety Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
• Provide technical support and assistance across the department teams on topics relating to functional safety, including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
• Good relevant experience of applying functional safety within a safety related development project (applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508)
• Systems Engineering
• Requirements Management (RM)
• Good verbal and written communications
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Experience in applying Functional Safety and/or Systems Engineering in ADAS and/or AD projects.
• Experience in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
• Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
• Experience in hardware and/or software development ( >5 years).
• Knowledge of embedded systems control theory and model based engineering
• Understanding of SOTIF (ISO/DIS 21448)
• Formal structured development process (ISOTF 16949, A-SPICE)