Our Automotive & Motorsport client are seeking a Senior Controls & Commissioning Engineer to join their talented team.
As a Senior Controls & Commissioning Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless integration of control systems into automotive products. You will be responsible for overseeing the commissioning process, optimizing controls, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality solutions that exceed customer expectations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Take ownership of commissioning activities for battery and powertrain systems, ensuring they achieve their functional and safety requirements.
• To develop and document the commissioning processes required to bring up prototype systems achieving a safe and functional state prior to performance/durability testing (i.e. dyno, mule car, etc.)
• To optimise commissioning processes, reducing time and complexity through software scripts and automated tests. Working closely with software and controls engineers to ensure systems are ready for test and calibration activities.
• Prepare front end user interfaces (GUI’s etc.) for test & validation engineers to assist with development, performance and homologation testing activities; ensuring critical signals and information can be monitored and logged.
• Apply knowledge of hardware and software systems to support the development of fault detection and recovery strategies appropriate for each application, verifying the intended operation is achieved.
• Define testing procedures for electrical & software related functions, with input from other Powertrain team members as required.
• Working with cross-functional teams to plan and deliver software and hardware features, identifying resource requirements to ensure on time, on cost and on budget delivery.