Project Manager - NPI Manufacturing
£50,000 - £65,000
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in laser cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They export its products globally and has its major business operations located in Southampton UK.
This role will drive the implementation of next generation fibre laser products through the full product development lifecycle, ensuring the needs of all stakeholders are managed, including product marketing, product development and operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for execution of the full product development lifecycle for NPI (New Product Introductions), in conjunction with Product Line Technical Leads and according to the companies strategic plan
• Coordinate cross-functional project planning, project tracking, cost management
• Provide program and project structure to enable effective communication of ownership, deliverables, and status.
• Program/project lead (key contact) with responsibility for providing timely and accurate project statues to the business.
• Reporting of NPI project progress to senior management against KPIs
• Provide cost tracking and financial analysis of the project.
• Obtain the buy-in and co-ordinate with stakeholders from across the business and oversee implementation of the project deliverables.
• Lead planning activities to generate project schedules and associated work packages to enable successful implementation of projects.
• Identification and management of project risk
• Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation
• Utilise digital systems for task management and tracking.
• Successful candidates will have at least 3 years experience of project management roles in a high-tech development/manufacturing industry, ideally from a complex optical component manufacturing industry although this is not essential
• Experience in delivery of large scale and complex NPI into lean manufacturing environments with cross-functional project teams
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate experience in:
• Innovative and flexible project management methodologies
• Developing and following NPI processes and documentation to high standards
• A STEM degree would be preferable but not essential
• Awareness of Project Management methodologies, and tools to deliver multiple tasks.
• Excellent IT skills, experience of using Microsoft Project and Jira strongly preferred
• Ability to coordinate, influence and motivate team members across a broad range of disciplines and functions without direct reporting line responsibility
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven experience in meeting the needs of internal/external Customers and Suppliers across all levels of the business.
• A natural ability to absorb complex technical and operational issues then rapidly facilitate definition and implementation of resolution plans/actions, working with necessary stakeholders.
• Works calmly under pressure and embraces change in a rapidly moving environment
• Demonstrates self confidence combined with strong leadership skills
• Recognised as a strong problem solver and uses initiative to develop innovative solutions
• Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, and the adaptability to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines with minimal supervision
• Communicates well at all levels both inside and outside the business
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.