Project Manager (high tech, component level manufacturing experience)
Circa £40,000 - £55,000
Our high technology client in Rugby is seeking an experienced project manager whom specifically has experience of project managing NPI Engineering projects. These will be high tech component level, optical products whereby one part fits into another part and therefore, would suit someone from an optoelectronics / physics / lasers background. It is imperative you come from a technical engineering project management background and have experience from concept R&D stage through to manufacturing.
Broad role, could suit anyone from 5 years plus project management experience within precision manufacturing from Manager, Senior Manager to Principal Manager level.
This role will drive the implementation of next generation fibre laser products through the full product development lifecycle, ensuring the needs of all stakeholders are managed, including product marketing, product development and operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for execution of the full product development lifecycle for NPI (New Product Introductions) according to TRUMPF’s strategic plan
• Coordinate cross-functional planning, project tracking, cost management
• Reporting of NPI project progress to senior management against KPIs
• Identification and management of project risk
• Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation
• Successful candidates will have at least 3 year’s experience of project management roles in a high-tech manufacturing industry, ideally from a complex optical component manufacturing industry although this is not essential
• Experience in delivery of large scale and complex NPI into lean manufacturing environments with cross-functional project teams
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate experience in:
• Modern manufacturing methodologies
• Innovative and flexible project management methodologies
• Developing and following NPI processes and documentation to high standards
• A STEM degree would be preferable but not essential
• Ability to coordinate, influence and motivate team members across a broad range of disciplines and functions without direct reporting line responsibility
• Works calmly under pressure and embraces change in a rapidly moving environment
• Demonstrates self-confidence combined with strong leadership and coaching skills
• Recognised as a strong problem solver and uses initiative to develop innovative solutions
• Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, and the adaptability to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines with minimal supervision
• Communicates well at all levels both inside and outside the business
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.