12 months fixed term contract
£40,000 - £45,000
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a new Test Engineer on a 12 months FTC.
Design, build, implementation, maintenance and improvements to a variety of test equipment for the manufacturing line. The equipment is used by manufacturing to test our lasers products to a specification in a safe and productive manner. The test equipment consists of a variety of hardware (mechanical, electrical and optical) and measurement devices and test software. The role is based in manufacturing facilities in Rugby. It is 12 months contract..
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work closely with production, electronics, optical and mechanical engineers to introduce new test equipment and test processes to the New Product build lines.
• Designing, building and commissioning of new test equipment, including documentation and training of engineers and technicians.
• Maintenance and upgrade of existing test equipment.
• Transfer of equipment and test processes into manufacturing.
• Support production when product fails test.
• 2+ years’ experience of working in optoelectronic (or related) industry. Academic experience will be taken in to account as well.
• Electrical/electronics knowledge.
• Experience of precise test and measurements.
• Knowledge of SPC.
• Industrial laser usage or test experience.
• Fibre optic handling.
• BSc degree (or higher) in physics, optics, optoelectronics, electronics or similar.
• Prefer at least 2 years hands-on experience working with lasers, optics or fibre optics.
• Able to build excellent working relationships with others and collaborate across departments.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales.
• Happy to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully integrate into multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions.
• Able to deliver technical updates of status on agreed work schedules.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Happy to learn and develop skills.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for your review and consideration.