Our nanotechnology client are seeking a Lead Scientist, Plasma Chemistry to join their Technology team.
This role will focus on research and development of CVD processes and products, delivering on a diverse range of projects which underpin current and future product offerings. We are seeking a candidate who has a background in barrier growth (CVD, PVD or plasma deposition), along with a deep understanding of plasma processing and coating growth mechanisms.
• Leading the day-to-day research and development of coatings.
• Play a pivotal role in advancing product quality and innovation of Barrier coatings.
• Working closely with other group leads to ensure group and company targets are met.
• Overseeing and directing the coating development process, including formulating and optimising coating recipes to meet evolving performance requirements.
• Conducting in-depth research and analysis to enhance functional properties and coordinating the testing and evaluation of new coatings.
• Managing a team of scientists and technicians, ensuring adherence to safety protocols, budget constraints, and project timelines.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate coatings into final products and drive efficiency throughout the product lifecycle.
• Staying current with emerging technologies, regulations, and industry trends is imperative for a Lead Scientist to ensure the coatings remain world class within the market.
• Degree in Physical sciences and 6+ years’ experience OR
• PhD in Physical sciences and 3+ years’ experience OR
• 10+ years’ experience in similar development role or adjacent technology.