£30k + Bonus + Benefits
Working with the Manufacturing, Production and Materials Control team, we are now looking for a Buyer/Expeditor to join on a permanent basis and manage the Supplier Purchase Order expediting process, including actioning exception messages in order to satisfy the internal Sales Forecast, customer, engineering and stock requirements.
We need someone who is a real whiz with MS Office (specifically Excel) and if you’ve used Syspro that would be ideal, but isn’t a show stopper if you haven’t, although experience of another MRP System will be needed.
As well as this you’ll need previous Expediting Experience, and understanding of Purchasing processes and procedures as well as experience within a Manufacturing Environment
CIPS Qualification Level 2+ would be seen as an advantage but is not essential.
This is a varied and busy role and some of your duties will include:
• Generate and send out all Supplier Order books weekly and update Syspro Purchase Orders
• Action Material Requirement Planning
• Manage Supplier Acknowledgements
• Communicate directly with Suppliers to expedite Purchase Orders
• Represent the Purchasing Department in the weekly Sales Order/Production Meeting
• Work closely with the Planning Team
• Manage Supplier On Time Delivery Reporting
• To process Non-Stock Purchase Requisitions and convert into Purchase Orders.
• Action Requests for Quotations.
• Place Purchase Orders against Stock items
• Co-ordinate and process any New Supplier Approvals.
• Participation in Improvement activities within the Purchasing Team.
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Life Assurance x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has paid up to 20%)
• Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)