Working as part of an experienced team responsible for design, commissioning and testing of new product designs incorporating digital and analogue electronic circuits, with PCB layout skills to support the role.
The scope of the role includes development of electronics hardware on a range of subsea instruments developed within the department from underwater acoustic modems, doppler velocity logs to data loggers and much more.
These are the key competencies required:
• PCB Design skills, mixed analogue and digital, generally < 300MHz
• Experienced in digital and analogue electronics design with a focus on low power, low noise systems.
• To lead hardware reviews of new designs and subjectively way up different techniques to ensure the best one is chosen for the project.
• Proactive problem solving
• To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company
• To produce analytical and support documentation for all designs.
Degree in (2:1 or above) including the following disciplines: Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
Experience of PCB design
Digital electronics design
Design for low power systems (<5mW)
Attention to detail
PSpice for simulation
•25 days holiday
•Death in Service x6
•Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:45 and Friday 08:00 to 15:30
Our client would consider a Graduate for this position.