Control Systems Project Engineer
£50-60k + Bonus + Benefits
Based in Portsmouth, this research and development facility is using sophisticated technology in manufacturing systems for production of carbon/polymer products at rapidly increasing volumes.
We are looking for a Control Systems Project Engineer to join the industrialisation team. You’ll have a proven background in control systems design who can support the technical delivery of software and related hardware projects for their full lifecycle.
You should possess the ability to understand the structure and operation of complex control systems in an industrial setting and have previous experience proposing high-level control strategies and/or architectures. In addition, you will be comfortable generating high-level technical documentation and specifications from scratch, using your experience and technical abilities.
A key aspect of this role is the management of the project software deliverables; therefore, you will need to have previous experience in the execution of control contracts, consulting with internal and external stakeholders, being the single point of contact with suppliers and ensuring that delivery aligns with schedule, scope, and budget for individual contracts.
You will take ownership of planning and execution on the development and commissioning of control systems software and hardware deliverables and will assist the Senior Project Manager in their implementation. In addition, you be required ability to identify and report project risks and opportunities with a sound understanding of their technical and commercial implications.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5+ years industry experience gained ideally within the manufacturing or bespoke machinery sectors with evidence of working under own initiative.
• Competent in requirements analysis, development of solution concepts, and preliminary designs for further development, deployment, and integration.
• Demonstrable experience in:
o Projects involving the design and integration of industrial control systems covering the stages of development, testing, installation, and commissioning.
o PLC, HMI and particularly SCADA systems (preferably Siemens PLCs and Siemens WinCC).
o the delivery and deployment of hardware and software for control systems and consulting with suppliers.
o Producing project documentation including technical specifications, budget material lists, project schedules, risk assessments, etc.
• Knowledge of industrial networks architecture design, the application of communication protocols (Ethernet, Profinet etc), and the configuration and specification of industrial network switches.
• Able to work abroad, potentially for extended periods.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office.
• Knowledge of functional safety of machinery (EN ISO13849-1 and/or EN62061).
• Knowledge and appreciation of OT cyber security principles in the design of industrial control systems.
• Knowledge of data acquisition protocols (OPC UA) and database management (SQL).
• Knowledge of configuration and support to industrial servers and computer networks.
• Knowledge of machinery compliance for CE/UKCA marking.
• Experience of LV electrical control panel design.
• Knowledge of a European language, preferably Portuguese.
•Bonus – up to 10%
•Company Pension Scheme
•Private Health Insurance for family
•25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays