Assistant Production Planner
Near Farnborough, Hampshire
£28k + Bonus + Benefits
Sonardyne has been writing the future of underwater technology for over 50 years. As a leading provider of underwater navigation, positioning, communication, imaging and monitoring technology, its innovations help transform what’s possible in offshore energy, maritime defence and ocean science. Sonardyne technology has enabled people to install wind farms, control squadrons of underwater drones and detect tsunami waves hundreds of miles offshore.
This position calls for coordinating and reporting on the production fulfilment process to meet the Production Planning Schedules. This includes the management of Materials Shortages for Sales, Project and Engineering requirements to ensure the on-time fulfilment of Work in Progress.
• Review and release daily Job Confirmations in Syspro, in line with Materials Requirement Planning (M.R.P) Proposals.
• Update and Review the Sales Order, Engineering and Project Order and Consignment Stock Orders weekly.
• Work closely with the Production Planners and Production Team to help manage and expedite Internal Work in Progress.
• Work closely with the Purchasing Team to be aware of and report to relevant stakeholders on any supplier shortages and/or Quality issues that may impact Production Schedules.
• Work closely with the Incoming Goods Inspection.
• Monitor picklist sequence report, targeting required kits especially related to sales orders, ahead of build requirement date.
• Maintenance of Job Orders in Syspro, ensuring an audit trail of changes is recorded and visible to stakeholders.
• Action Change Notes (ECN’s) and Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s).
• Experience within a Manufacturing Environment
• Knowledge of MRP Principles
• Previous production planning experience
• Strong MS Office User (specifically Excel)
• Syspro User(Syspro 7+ ideal)
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Life Assurance x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has paid up to 20%)
• Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)